https://greatamericanwest.co/wp-content/uploads/Old-Faithful-CREDIT-Wyoming-Office-of-Tourism.png 630 1276 Site Administrator https://greatamericanwest.co/wp-content/uploads/TGAW-Horizontal-BlackTagline.png Site Administrator2021-11-29 22:02:142021-11-29 22:02:14Wyoming attractions celebrating milestones in 2022
Wyoming attractions celebrating milestones in 2022
- Yellowstone National Park will celebrate 150 years as the United States’ first national park in 2022. In 1872, this natural wonder attracted people from miles away. Today, it draws visitors from around the world. The geologic and hydrothermal gems combined with the amazing wildlife make this park one of a kind.
- Cheyenne Frontier Days: The world’s largest outdoor rodeo and Western celebration is a 10-day festival featuring daily rodeos, Western art shows, concerts, parades and much more.
- National Historical Trails Interpretive Center in Casper is celebrating 20 years. Explore the West through Native American history, early explorers, and those who traveled the Oregon, Mormon, California and Pony Express Trails.
- Fossil Butte National Monument is a fossil hunter’s paradise. Celebrating its 50th year as a national monument, Fossil Butte has over 300 fossils on display at the visitor center and more than 8,000 acres to explore. Discover the remnants of an ancient lake ecosystem including fish, alligators, bats, turtles, small horses, plants and more.
- The National Museum of Military Vehicles is located just 80 miles away from Yellowstone National Park. This new museum is the largest private collection of military vehicles and features vehicles from WWII, the Korean War and Vietnam War.
For more information on Wyoming, visit TravelWyoming.com.