If there’s ever been a destination that’s up to a little “wild,” it’s Cody Yellowstone. It’s in our DNA, and we have learned to embrace the unexpected while celebrating our Wild West roots and connections to the wild outdoors. Here are just a few of the notable anniversaries and events coming in 2023.
- 145th anniversary of the Pitchfork Ranch in Meeteetse, the oldest ranch in the Bighorn Basin.
- 140th anniversary of Yellowstone’s National Hotel, now called Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel.
- 140th anniversary of the Hole in the Wall Cabin, the hideout of outlaw Butch Cassidy and his Wild Bunch. The cabins is now on display at Cody’s Old Trail Town and Museum of the West.
- 120th anniversary of the Buffalo Bill Scenic Byway from Cody to the East Entrance of Yellowstone National Park.
- 120th anniversary of the dedication of the Roosevelt Arch, which beckons visitors with the inscription “For the Benefit and Enjoyment of the People.”
- 85th anniversary of the Cody Nite Rodeo.
- 30th anniversary of the opening of the Buffalo Bill Dam Visitor Center at the Buffalo Bill Dam.
- 15th anniversary of the Meeteetse Ice Fishing Derby.
For more information on Cody, visit CodyYellowstone.org.