Sheridan, Wyoming, is a testament to the icons and outlaws of the American West, an epic outdoor destination and a siren song to the history and heritage of the Old West. There’s always something exciting going on nearby, but here are five special attractions to put on your calendar for 2022:
- February 19: The Sheridan Wyo Winter Rodeo is a fast-paced, adrenaline-filled winter event. Enjoy the festivities on Broadway Avenue as horse, rider and skier race past.
- June-Labor Day: See polo matches on one of the largest fields in the United States. All summer long, spectators are encouraged to tailgate and bring a lawn chair to get an up-close look at the action.
- July 12-17: The 92nd Sheridan Wyo Rodeo is a tribute to the American cowboy, with its Old West ways of roping, wild bucking horses and bulls, and the iconic World Championship Indian relay races.
- July 17-23: Experience the literary expertise Hemingway brought to Sheridan at the International Hemingway Conference. The event includes trips to spots visited by Hemingway and academic sessions at Sheridan College.
- September 30-October 2: Immerse yourself in the WYO Film Festival as the greatest storytellers capture your attention through innovative and inspirational films.
For more information on Sheridan, visit SheridanWyoming.org.