https://greatamericanwest.co/wp-content/uploads/WEB-Oahe-West-Shore-Trails-Courtesy-Travel-South-Dakota-copy.jpg 683 1024 Site Administrator https://greatamericanwest.co/wp-content/uploads/TGAW-Horizontal-BlackTagline.png Site Administrator2020-11-23 23:34:142020-11-23 23:39:05Outdoor adventure, beauty abound in South Dakota
Black Hills & Badlands
- Spearfish Canyon Nature Area – Enjoy waterfalls, hiking trails and jaw-dropping views along one of the best drives in the country.
- George S. Mickelson Trail – Bicyclists, hikers and horseback riders can all enjoy the 109-mile-long trail through the Black Hills National Forest.
Glacial Lakes & Prairies
- Lake Poinsett Recreation Area – Located between Watertown and Brookings, this oasis offers travelers the chance to camp, hike, disc golf and fish.
- Sica Hollow State Park – This park’s streams, rustic bridges, waterfalls, wildflowers and 8-plus miles of trails are just part of Sica Hollow’s rugged beauty.
- Palisades State Park – Scenic overlooks and rushing water make Palisades a popular getaway for campers, photographers, sightseers, picnickers, rock-climbers and hikers.
- Lewis & Clark Recreation Area – Marinas, camping options and sandy beaches bring beach-lovers to one of the most beautiful and popular parts of the Missouri National Recreational River.
- Spring Creek Recreation Area – Conveniently located near South Dakota’s capital city, the lake has more than 2,000 miles of shoreline to explore.
- Farm Island Recreation Area – Located east of Pierre, this island offers 8 miles of hiking trails where you can find peace and plenty of nature to observe.
For more information on South Dakota, visit TravelSouthDakota.com.