https://greatamericanwest.co/wp-content/uploads/Buffalo-Roundup-CREDIT-Travel-South-Dakota.png 630 1276 Site Administrator https://greatamericanwest.co/wp-content/uploads/TGAW-Horizontal-BlackTagline.png Site Administrator2021-11-29 21:59:392021-11-29 21:59:39Many unique events and celebrations in South Dakota
Many unique events and celebrations in South Dakota
- Custer State Park Buffalo Roundup & Arts Festival: Feel the thunder of the massive buffalo herd as cowboys and cowgirls round up and drive them into the corrals. It’s an extraordinary experience seen only in Custer State Park.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Pageant: Channel your inner pioneer during the theatre performance of Laura’s “Little House on the Prairie” books on the outdoor stage, and join in song as the Ingalls family is celebrated.
- 100th Anniversary of Days of ’76: Celebrate the 100thyear of parades, Native American performances and truly one of the best outdoor rodeos in the country with some of the best cowboys and cowgirls right here in Deadwood, South Dakota.
- Arc of Dreams: A tribute to the dreamers, the Arc of Dreams spans the length of a football field across the Big Sioux River in downtown Sioux Falls and is truly a marvelous sight lit up in the night sky.
- Black Hills Powwow: He Sapa Wacipi Na Oskate: Colorful finery, elaborate featherwork and intricate beadwork help make up the beautiful visual atmosphere of a powwow, or wacipi. Witness the power of the largest wacipi in the nation and admire the artistic traditions of the Native American culture.
For more information on South Dakota, visit TravelSouthDakota.com.