https://greatamericanwest.co/wp-content/uploads/Bokujo-Ramen-CREDIT-Travel-South-Dakota.jpg 800 1200 Site Administrator https://greatamericanwest.co/wp-content/uploads/TGAW-Horizontal-BlackTagline.png Site Administrator2022-11-03 15:35:262022-11-03 15:35:26Indoors and Outdoors, South Dakota Has Winter Covered
Indoors and Outdoors, South Dakota Has Winter Covered
Cozy Indoor Attractions
- Museums: Redlin Art Center, South Dakota Art Museum and Days of 76 Museum are all worth spending hours enjoying.
- Breweries & Distilleries: Grab a brew, enjoy a tour and chat with a local in a cozy taproom at Lost Cabin Beer Company (Rapid City), Ben’s Brewing Co. (Yankton) or One-Legged Pheasant Brewery (Aberdeen).
- TV Famous Dining: CH Patisserie, located in Sioux Falls, features Chef Chris Hamner Winner of Bravo’s “Top Chef Just Desserts.” Food Network star Justin Warner recently opened Bokujo Ramen in Rapid City.
Winter Outdoor Activities
South Dakota’s parks remain open, along with incredible opportunities for outdoor activities.
- Skiing, Tubing and Snowboarding: Terry Peak Ski Area, Great Bear Ski Valley
- Snowmobile Trail Season
- Hiking & Snowshoeing: Spearfish Canyon Scenic Byway and frozen waterfalls, Mount Roosevelt/The Friendship Tower
Winter Events & Festivals
- Annual Black Hills Stock Show & Rodeo (Rapid City): January 26- February 4, 2023
- Forks, Corks & Kegs Food, Wine & Beer Festival (Deadwood): April 14-15, 2023
- PBR (Professional Bull Riding) Invitational (Sioux Falls): March 31-April 2, 2023
For more information on South Dakota, visit TravelSouthDakota.com.