https://greatamericanwest.co/wp-content/uploads/Historic-Trails-West-CREDIT-Visit-Casper.png 800 1200 Site Administrator https://greatamericanwest.co/wp-content/uploads/TGAW-Horizontal-BlackTagline.png Site Administrator2021-11-29 19:37:122021-11-29 19:37:12Here’s how to experience the best of Casper, Wyoming
Here’s how to experience the best of Casper, Wyoming
Located in the heart of the Cowboy State, Casper is a hub of authentic Western experiences. Read on for five ways to experience the best of Casper:
- Experience American history. Learn about life on the trails at National Historic Trails Interpretive Center, walk alongside pioneer inscriptions at Independence Rock or ride a wagon on the Oregon Trail with Historic Trails West.
- Shop where the cowboys shop. For the best Western wear, head to Lou Taubert Ranch Outfitters. This 100-year-old Casper icon will fit you with everything you need for a Wyoming adventure.
- Get outside. You’re just minutes away from miles of mountain trails for hiking, biking, skiing and snowshoeing without big crowds. Casper is also home to the North Platte River, providing access to blue-ribbon fishing and perfect conditions for boating, kayaking or paddle boarding.
- Take in the sights. Take a scenic drive to Fremont Canyon and marvel at 400-foot rock walls with the winding North Platte River below.
- Saddle up. Every June, Casper welcomes hundreds of the best college rodeo athletes from around the world for the College National Finals Rodeo, where they’ll go head-to-head in hopes of becoming a national champion.
For more information on Cheyenne, visit VisitCasper.com.