North Dakota hosts hundreds of events, fairs, festivals and family-friendly adventures throughout the year, including celebrations of the seasons, cultural heritage, local foods and more. These unique events are all about having fun and are a great way to get to know the state. Following are a few events to get your North Dakota travel plans started:
- Bismarck: United Tribes International Powwow (September) and Papa’s Pumpkin Patch (September-October).
- Mandan: Buggies-N-Blues (June) and Mandan Rodeo Days (July).
- Fargo/West Fargo: Fargo Film Festival (March), Fargo Marathon (May) and Red River Valley Fair (July).
- Grand Forks: Spirit of America Bike and Car Show (May) and Art on the Red (June).
- Minot: North Dakota State Fair (July) and Norsk Høstfest (September).
- Throughout the state: Devils Run Car Show in Devils Lake (June); ND Country Fest in New Salem (June); Medora Musical (June -September); Roughrider Days Fair and Expo in Dickinson (late June-early July); Buffalo Days in Jamestown (July); Maah Daah Hey 100 near Theodore Roosevelt National Park (August); North Dakota Chokecherry Festival in Williston (August); and powwows (summer).
For more information on North Dakota, visit NDTourism.com.