Idaho is home to many cultural events that exceed expectations. From a music festival that’s about so much more than the tunes to world-renowned celebrations of the Basque culture, Idaho is your stop for activities and adventure in 2020.
Treefort Music Fest
March 25 – 29, 2020 | Boise
Treefort Music Fest is an annual music and arts festival fueled by the passion of discovery. The festivities take over downtown Boise every March. Blending the senses between nine forts covering music, film, food, beer, yoga, tech and art from national and regional creators, the festival has something for everyone.
Over 400 well-known and up-and-coming bands from nearly every genre mix with artists, authors, chefs, brewers, teachers, locals and visitors in this unique five-day experience. Learn more
**2020 Event Postponed** until July 27-August 1, 2021 | Boise
Possibly the biggest and certainly the most international festival in Idaho, Jaialdi brings together Basque people from around the world to celebrate their culture. The six-day festival is held in Boise every five years. This is a can’t-miss experience to learn the unique story of this little-known culture and immerse yourself in the tastes and sounds of the Basque.
The streets of the Basque Block in downtown Boise flow with food, drink, music and dance as locals and visitors honor and revive classic Basque traditions. Entertainment for Jaialdi 2020 includes folk music band Korrontzi, Basque ensemble Esne Beltza, dance group Duguna and weight lifters from the Basque Country competing in tests of strength.
Trailing of the Sheep
October 7 – 11, 2020 | Sun Valley, Ketchum & Hailey
A festival centered around sheep may sound a bit surprising but don’t let that mislead you. Trailing of the Sheep is the annual festival honoring and preserving the sheepherding and ranching traditions that welcomed and sustained Basque, Peruvian and other cultures in Central Idaho.
The festival blends the peaceful countryside with the resort-fueled energy of the Sun Valley and Ketchum area. Festivities include culture, cuisine, art and the traditional parade of sheep on their migration to winter pastures.
More 2020 Events in Idaho:
- January 18: Mac & Cheese Festival, Coeur d’Alene
- January 24 – February 2: McCall Winter Carnival, McCall
- February 1 – 3: Fire & Ice Winterfest, Lava Hot Springs
- February 7 – 9: Coeur d’Alene Food & Wine Festival, Coeur d’Alene
- February 14 – 15: American Dog Derby, Ashton
- February 14 – 16: Stanley Winterfest, Stanley
- February 14 – 23: Sandpoint Winter Carnival, Sandpoint
- March 18 – 22: Sun Valley Film Festival, Sun Valley
- All April: Idaho Craft Beer Month, All Idaho
- June 14: Savor Idaho, Boise
- June 26 – 28: From the Ashes: An American Smoked and Fired Foods Adventure, Coeur d’Alene
- August 7 – 9: Shoshone-Bannock Indian Festival, Fort Hall
- August 18 – 22: Caldwell Night Rodeo, Caldwell
- August 30 – September 4: Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic, Boise
- September 9 – 12: Lewiston Roundup, Lewiston
- October 14 – 18: Sun Valley Jazz & Music Festival, Sun Valley
For more information on the Great American West state of Idaho, visit VisitIdaho.org.